| Our Price: $22.99 / bottle |
Case: 12 bottles
Case Price: $275.88
This wine has beautiful lifted pear and jasmine characters on the nose with some hints of creamy, leesy characters underneath. Whilst the powerful palate is packed with flavour, it also has added complexity and weight as a result of the wild ferment. The wine finishes with lovely crisp natural acidity.
We harvested our Pinot Gris at optimal ripeness, when the fruit was displaying lovely crunch pear characters with a little bit of citrus. 20% of the wine underwent natural fermentation with indigenous yeast to create the more textural savoury element to the wine, whilst the remaining 80% was cool fermented in tank to retain the beautiful aromatics. The wine was blended 12 weeks post fermentation and then filtered prior to bottling.
95 James Halliday - 20% was wild-fermented in stainless steel without temperature control, the remainder cool-fermented in tank with cultured yeast. Very faint blush hue; pear blossom and pear fruit hold centre stage on the bouquet, but do make room for other notes there and on the palate. It builds on re-evaluation, and there's no question the cool climate plus the very cool vintage have come up trumps.